- Title: Outrageous
- Author: Minerva Spencer
- Genre: Historical Romance
- Pages: 374
- Published: June 29,2021
- Publisher: Kensington Books
- Series: Rebel of the Ton, Book 2
My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
When Eva de Courtney kidnaps Godric Fleming, her only plan is to stop the irritating earl from persecuting her beloved brother. But once she has the intriguing rogue in the confines of her carriage, she longs to taste the passion she senses simmering beneath his rugged exterior. Her forbidden plan is foiled, however, when Godric turns the tables, taking her hostage instead—and demanding they marry at once…
The last thing Godric wants to do is make the fiery, impulsive Eva his wife, despite her delectable mouth and alluring innocence. He knows from experience that nothing is forever, not even love. But honor demands he do right by the lady, no matter how stubbornly Eva tries to hold on to her independence. And while the road to the Scottish border is beset with danger, Godric’s greatest challenge is to keep his hands—and his heart—from his captivating bride-to-be…
Here are 10 things I thought about the new book by Minerva Spencer. . . Outrageous:
- Loved the road trip romance storyline along with all the little upsets along the way. You know the stuff that HAS to happen in a historical romance. . . robbery, kidnapping, etc. The author wrote it all out beautifully and gave each storyline a great spin.
- Loved seeing the evolution of Eva through the book. She sees how her actions have caused problems and she tries (doesn’t always succeed) to think before doing.
- There was definitely some steamy scenes. So be ready for those before you begin reading.
- I didn’t like Godric moaning about how he was old enough to be Eva’s father one minute then undressing her the next. That was a little creepy.
- I liked the way the book began with the female kidnapping the male – instead of what we would normally see with the male kidnapping the female. Of course, it backfired for Eva. But that helped with the “Outrageous” story.
- I thought the juxtaposition between Godric’s broodiness and Eva with her pluckiness really worked.
- I didn’t like being reminded of Godric and Eva’s age gap so much. Honestly during these times (in 1812) a 37 year old male and a 19 year old female wouldn’t be that uncommon.
- Even though Eva and Godric went from enemies to lovers in such a short amount of time, Ms. Spencer made it believable with her writing and her storyline with the two characters being thrown together constantly in a carriage and small rooms day after day.
- The secondary characters in this book were AMAZING! Honestly they should have their own stories.
- Godric had a great transformation during the course of the story. Once he realized his mistakes, and forgave himself for his past, he was able to move on with his future. Kind of a lesson for all of us.
Outrageous is the 2nd book in the Rebel of the Ton series written by Minerva Spencer. It can definitely be read as a standalone. I’d suggest getting the other books in the series though. I mean look at those beautiful covers! Don’t you want those on your bookshelf?
Overall I’d recommend Outrageous to anyone who enjoys historical romance. Especially Bridgerton fans.
What’s your favorite genre to read?